Box Office Locations and Hours
The McPherson Box Office is located at the McPherson Playhouse, on the corner of Government Street and Pandora Avenue. The entrance to the box office is to the right of the main theatre entrance on Pandora Avenue.
The Royal Theatre Box Office is located at the theatre, on the corner of Blanshard Street and Broughton Street. The entrance to the box office is on Broughton Street
To purchase tickets or for information, please contact the box office at 250.386.6121 or toll-free at 1.888.717.6121.
Royal Box Office Holiday Hours:
- Closed Monday, February 10th for Family Day.
McPherson Box Office Holiday Hours:
- Closed Monday, February 10th for Family Day.
Regular box office hours:
- 9:30am to 5:30pm, Monday through Saturday with the Royal Theatre Box Office closing for lunch from 1:30-2:00pm daily.
- For events taking place at the Royal or McPherson the box office will remain open for one half hour after the performance start time Monday through Saturday.
- For events taking place at the Royal or McPherson the box office will open 2 hours prior to the performance start time on Sundays and will remain open until one half hour after the performance start time.
If you would like further information on attending our theatres please visit our Plan Your Visit page.
Frequently Asked Box Office Questions
Why are there service charges on tickets?
The Royal & McPherson Theatres are rental venues and as such the actual ticket price is remitted back to the promoter of the event. The only revenue that the Royal & McPherson Theatres Society receives on the sale of a ticket is the service charge. In addition there may be “service added” fees charged for purchase options, such as ordering online or over the phone. Those charges can be avoided by purchasing tickets in person at either of our box offices.
Why is the service charge not the same for every event?
The service charge is based upon on the ticket price. A typical service charge is made up of a box office fee, printing charge and a facility fee. In some instances, there may also be a promoter added marketing fee and/or a charity fee. Additionally, we are contractually obligated to add other fees as deemed appropriate by the promoter.
How much does it cost to order tickets online?
There is a $3.00 per order handling fee when you purchase your tickets online.
How much does it cost to order tickets by phone?
There is a $1.50 per ticket handling fee when you purchase your tickets over the phone.
How long is intermission?
The length of an intermission can vary as it is determined by the promoter of the event but in general it tends to be approximately 20 minutes in length.
Why do I have to buy a seat for my baby?
Every person in the theatre has to have a ticket, regardless of age. In some instances, the promoter will decide to give complimentary tickets to babies for some events, but if they have opted not to, then a ticket must be purchased. Please be considerate of others when making the choice to bring your baby to the theatre, and know that if your baby is disruptive, you may be asked to bring your baby to the lobby.
What is the age to qualify for a senior's discount?
To qualify for a senior's discount, you must be aged 65 years or older.
What do I do if I forget my login password?
Please contact our box office at 250.386.6121 or toll free at 1.888.717.6121 during regular hours and one of our customer service representatives can reset it for you. You can also email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is not monitored over the weekend.
What is a promo code?
A promo code is not used for all events. Typically it is used to access a presale or to apply a discount to an event. Promo code usage is determined by the promoter. If you are trying to access a presale, you cannot enter the promo code before the presale time.
When I try to login it says "The user name submitted is already associated with an existing account. If you are already registered please login".
If you receive this message it means that the e-mail address you provided is already associated to an account. If you have forgotten your password please contact the box office and they can reset it.
I have not received my Print at Home email.
The Print at Home service automatically sends the email to the email address that you logged in with. Contact the box office at 250.386.6121 or toll free at 1.888.717.6121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify the address you entered is correct. Please note that this email address is not monitored over the weekend.
I selected Print at Home and my printer did not work.
Once you select Print at Home, the order shows as printed in our system. However, you can forward the email to someone with a printer that will work, but please keep in mind that only the first ticket presented for entry will be admitted.
I have printed my Print at Home tickets and it has a barcode, but no event information.
We have received feedback that if you click on the "Open as Web page" link in your email program, the result will show the barcode but no other event text. If you save the PDF to your desktop, open Adobe, then use File > Open, you will see all of the information. Please keep in mind that you do need to have Adobe Version 7 or later.
I have printed my Print at Home tickets and it has no barcode visible.
If you have a Macintosh computer they default to opening PDF’s with the "Previewer" program, so you need to save the PDF somewhere you can find it again, open Adobe, then use File > Open to open the PDF.
Can I present the bar code from my Print at Home tickets on my mobile device rather than printing out the PDF?
Yes, provided your mobile device can enlarge the bar code enough for our scanners to read it, this is not a problem.
What do I do if I have a voucher?
Vouchers must be redeemed for a ticket in person at the McPherson or Royal Theatre Box Office.
Why can I not select my own seat?
Reserved seat events at the Royal Theatre and McPherson Playhouse are enabled for customers to select their own seats online. Here are some reasons that you may not see the seating map when you click on the 'Find Tickets' button:
- The select your own seat map is created in Flash. Therefore, if you are using an Apple device or if you do not have Flash installed on your computer the map will not render and you will be directed to the best seating page.
- During the initial on sale of a high demand event we may turn the select your own seat functionality off. There are two reasons for this. First, the select your own seat functionality is resource heavy and can slow the website performance down - which we do not want when a show is in high demand. Second, when you select seats on the map they are not reserved until you add them to the cart, so when a performance is in high demand there is the potential for someone to think they have seats, click Add to Cart, only to find out that someone else was quicker at adding the seats to the cart and as such the customer has to go back and find new seats.
- The performance is a general admission event.